Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Looking for creativity

Well, its been 8 weeks since we lost Little Wind. How quickly time flies ... I could swear it was much slower when I was pregnant. Yesterday I spent the day making these two new-baby cards for the two new arrivals in our friends' circle. Felt good to be doing things with my hands again ... but also re-inforced the fact that we won't be getting any 'happy new baby' cards in July...


Also in April (since this is the blog where I was cataloging creative endevours), it was Sunshine's birthday and I made him some birthday bunting to go on his cake - which I also made (with the help of Sunshine's sister as I had never attempted making cake before); and we went for a vintage velo cycle ride here in Bristol on Bramble the tandem (see our photos here)... Bunny had to come with us too so I made him some vintage wear as well (tweed waistcoat and cravat!). I have a few more outfit ideas for Bunny - he's become a bit of a family mascot since we lost Little Wind - so more sewing is on the agenda for the summer. And hopefully a few more creative projects to blog about. And who knows, maybe even some illustration ...

3 comments:

Charlotte Cooke said...

So happy to see these Mithi, LOVE your stuff, please don't stop because i think you're amazing. The cards are lovely and bunny looks tres dapper. Looking forward to the next outfit xxx

Roland MacDonald said...

Great stuff. Lovely cards. Think the the bunting is brilliant. Wishing you more happy creative adventures

Leticia Sophia said...

Illustrations! Illustrations! Illustrations!
LOVE YOUR ART!!!